The programs of The Game Loft are all run on the framework of Positive Youth Development. Gisela Konopka (1973) and Karen Pittman (1991) identified critical elements essential to the healthy development of young people. The Eight Keys to Positive Youth Development are:
- Youth feel physically and emotionally safe.
- Youth experience belonging and ownership.
- Youth develop self-worth.
- Youth discover self.
- Youth develop positive relationships with peers and adults.
- Youth discuss conflicting values and form their own.
- Youth feel the pride and accountability that comes with mastery.
- Youth expand their capacity to enjoy life and know that success is possible.
Click any item above for more information.